Sunday, April 8, 2007

Preparing for the Experiment

I decided to go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday and then Berkeley Bowl on Sunday in preparation for a week of whole foods on a $60 budget. Sixty dollars, in fact, can buy quite a bit. I did have to sacrifice on buying too much organic produce, but I was able to get plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, good bread and some gourmet cheese.

Here's a link to what I bought for the week and how much it cost me. I made two trips to Berkeley Bowl and one trip to the Downtown Berkeley Farmer's Market during the week - a total of about 2-3 hour spent on shopping. I walked to and from both the farmer's market and the grocery store - if I had a car and if I'd planned better, I might have only made one trip to the grocery store and saved some time.

Here's a summary on how week one went. And how week two went.

No comments: